So no coherence, just some thoughts:
- My dishwasher was on fire. I now need a new circuit board and it's hideously expensive. Yay for shitty workmanship!
- Beer is bad. I spent three days drunk at the weekend. I sang in public. I did disco karaoke. Nuff said
- I'm having a midlife crisis, it's official. I joined a book club, which apparently only women in search of men or an affair do. Hmmmm....
- People are idiots. Especially the posh twats on Tynemouth beach who insist my dog must be in heat when she tries to tear the throat out of the idiotic male dog that keeps trying to shag her. She's been spayed. I think they need an anatomy lesson.
- I learnt that teenage boys can actually be quite nice creatures at the weekend. Teenage girls however are extremely high maintenance. Two baths a day?! And they only eat cheese and chocolate and leave a trail of sweet wrappers in every room.
- The sun is shining. Time to hibernate for the summer.
- Whitby is still gorgeous, even though I was allergic to the cottage (cats had been staying prior to us). And if you do your best puss in boots impression, the pub landlords will let you in even with a big stinking lump of dog. However, the locals aren't happy when you disturb their Countdown viewing with the Rolling Stones and Iron Maiden. They retaliate with Britney and Lady GaGa. JukeBox FaceOff commences!
- Note to self: do not buy DVDs from strange men in Whitby pubs that have heads and a strange 1980's fuzziness to them. Especially when said man is later spied wielding large knives in the local Chinese take away...
GD is: awaiting the full horror of the cost of fixing her electrics to come through; engulfed in a fury of spring cleaning but unfortunately breaking everything she touches, reading Twilight by Stephanie Myers, as it was given to her by the aforementioned teenage boy as a thank you, and a bit unsure as to how I feel about it. Oh, and listening to Guns and Roses' Appetite for Destruction because she loves Mr Brownstone.